Summer is in full swing and with it comes graduations, weddings, and a plethora of other reasons to host backyard parties. To make sure your space is inviting, here are a few simple tips:
1. Cut your grass 24 hours before the gathering. This will prevent most sudden allergic reactions.
2. If you need a quick splash of color, hang one or two baskets of artificial flowers from your trees, fences, or eaves. If it’s for a special occasion, your guests can take them home as a gift.
3. Keep a designated area for cooking and barbecuing. Allow plenty of room for kids to run around in a different part of the yard.
4. Some pets don’t do well with large crowds. Make sure your pets have a safe haven during the event, whether it’s their own hiding house or under your bed.
5. Expect the unexpected. Foot traffic, spilled food, and weather can take its toll on your lawn. Check with TomCat for the best options to bring your yard back to its full potential.